LDFP has a clear terms of reference, along with an easy read summary. Our values are:
• Inclusive & accessible using simple language, actively seeking new membership from less represented groups, valuing all contributions whilst still allowing for difference. Engaging everyone in the conversations with an emphasis on making decisions WITH people, not FOR
• Optimistic, hopeful & brave knowing we have strong local knowledge & expertise and that together we have a louder voice to achieve our aims of a more sustainable food system.
• Friendly & approachable attending community events and engaging with seldom heard groups, public facing and transparent, asking for and welcoming feedback, and fostering a non-judgemental environment.
Our shared vision is that nutritious, affordable, local, sustainably produced food is available to everyone in Lewes District. The aims of LDFP are to:
• Challenge the status quo whilst taking an asset-based approach in the community to celebrate and promote local community food projects.
• Create strong and new local food networks, developing examples of best practice for
sustainable food projects and co-ordinated action.
• Build sustainable, inclusive, healthy communities around food with a participatory